We at Mills recognize that without the hard work and dedication of the many people who work with and for Mills Properties, we would not be where we are today. We have begun a journey to learn more about the talents and passions of our associates outside of their daily Mills life in an effort to extend our praise and thanks, and hopefully, to help you get to know them a little bit better as well.
Our most recent interview led us to Heatherton Estates in Florissant, where we met with Adrienne Moore to hear her talent. So without further ado, meet Adrienne:
And here’s what Adrienne had to say about her passion:
1. How long have you been singing?
Since I was 4 years old! When I was in pre-school I was Rosa Parks in a Black History program, and I had to sing “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, and as my mom said, I was the loudest one!!
2. Do you intend to try to make a career out of it or is it just a hobby?
Right now, it is a hobby, but I do plan on auditioning for this season’s “The Voice”.
3. Have you written any of your own songs?
So years back, I would perform in local venues and the goal is to get back to it, so stay tuned.
4. Do you play any musical instruments as well?
I don’t…but I would love to learn how to play the acoustic guitar!
5. Who is your favorite female singer and why?
Of all time, it has to be Whitney Houston. Her voice was so angelic. She made me want to sing.
6. If you could do a duet with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
Christina Aguilera hands down. Her voice is so amazing!!
7. Besides a singer, what would you like to be when you “grow up”?
I went to college to become a high school English teacher, with a minor in American History, so maybe something with that.
8. What is your favorite song to sing and why?
Adele’s “Someone Like You.” The song has so much feeling and emotion, and we all know that those types of songs bring it all out and lay it all on stage.
9. Is there anything you have learned in your singing experience to help advise young women who may be interested in starting a career in singing?
Sing what you feel, and don’t be afraid to show emotion, and most of all HAVE FUN while doing it!
10. Who is your favorite The Voice judge?
Oh man…I love Adam because he has a very unique voice and I love Cee-Lo’s style and personality, but Christina is my girl!! She has an ear for pure talent!
Keeping with the last question tradition: A shout out to Mills - What interests you most about the work that you do?
I love meeting people and helping people make memories with their new homes.
Don’t worry, when she makes it onto The Voice, we’ll make sure to share her journey with you!
Thank you Adrienne for your passion and dedication!